Air ducts allow the warm or cool air from your HVAC unit to circulate through your home, and just like other household utilities, they require regular upkeep. You breathe whatever is in your air ducts, so it’s important that they are maintained.
Over time, dust, dirt, and mold can accumulate in your air ducts, and this buildup can cause health problems and decrease the system’s efficiency. Clean Heating and Air Filtration offers complete duct cleaning and maintenance services to make sure your home’s HVAC system is hygienic and efficient. A buildup of allergens such as dust, pet dander, and mold spores can aggravate allergies and asthma. Also, if you have ever had a pest problem in your air ducts, your unwelcome guests probably left droppings, which can carry bacteria into your home every time you turn on the air.
Air ducts should be airtight, but sometimes, as a system ages, leaks and holes occur. Leaks force your system to work harder, increasing electricity usage, and allow moisture to get into the system, leading to mold growth. Resealing leaky air ducts not only keeps moisture and mold out, but also can boost your system’s efficiency by almost 20% and cut your utility bill up to 50%. We are happy to do an inspection to determine if you need duct cleaning or sealing-- ducts aren’t always the cause of air quality or efficiency problems.
You should have your air ducts inspected if you notice any of the following:
- Visible buildup of dust or mold in your system
- Pest or rodent problem in the air ducts
- Moisture or condensation in or near the ducts
- Constant dust in your home despite regular vacuuming and cleaning
- Air filters which get dirty quickly and require frequent changing
A regular duct cleaning and sealing service should include the following steps:
- Protecting any furniture and flooring near duct ports
- Inspecting entire system and performing negative air pressure tests to determine how airtight the system is
- Using high quality HEPA vacuums and specialized brushes to clear away debris
- Resealing any leaky areas
- Cleaning up equipment used and replacing all system components that were moved during the cleaning process