Mold occurs in the home when mold spores come in contact with water. The more moisture in an area, the more mold can grow there. Mold can pose a serious threat to your home and your health. CHAF offers comprehensive mold remediation services.
Certain types of mold spores, if inhaled, can cause allergic reactions such as runny nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing, and can also damage your home’s structure by deteriorating wooden beams or sheetrock. Your home may be at risk if you have had recent water damage or flooding, notice high levels of humidity, musty smells, or have a badly ventilated crawlspace or basement. If you suspect you may have mold, it’s important to have an inspection done as soon as possible. The longer it’s there, the more damage it does.
Our team of trained professionals will carefully inspect your entire home, including hard-to-reach places such as crawlspaces and air ducts. If mold is found, we safely remove it, clean the affected area, and then explore your options for moisture control to make sure the mold does not regrow. It’s our goal to ensure that your home is as safe and hygienic as possible.
A typical mold removal process is as follows:
- A complete inspection of home to detect mold, and any moisture sources that may be allowing mold to grow.
- The affected area will be isolated and protected to make sure that the mold spores don’t contaminate the rest of the house when disturbed.
- Air filters will be used during the cleanup process to keep spores from spreading.
- The affected area will be thoroughly cleaned with safe, specially designed tools. In some cases, moldy materials like drywall or carpet may have to be removed and thrown away.
- After the area is free of mold, the source of moisture is dealt with. This may involve repairs such as replacing damaged insulation or resealing air ducts.
- After mold and moisture control measures are complete, the area will be cleaned, and any materials that had to be removed will be replaced with new clean ones.
Call us today to for an inspection!